The Place

 

The Manor House, which was known as "The Place", was situated a short distance to the south of the old road, a stone-throw to the west of what was known at that time as the Home Farm at Easterton, and immediately to the north of the present Manse.  Early in the eighteenth century the head of the house held judicial sway over the county, acting as Sheriff in the Sheriffdoms of Linlithgow and Bathgate, and filling a prominent place in the fashionable society of the county.

Read more in Armadale Past and Present here 

Read more in armadale.org.uk here

Thomsons Map 1832

Thomsons Map 1832

Forrest Map 1818 showing 'The Place'

Forrest Map 1818 showing 'The Place'