The Marches

The Marches were so called because they used to be the East boundary of Armadale. During the war years pre-fabs were built which were later replaced by the present lovely row of cottages.

A church, St Paul's Episcopalian, used to stand at the south west corner of The Marches which was paid for by Lady Gillespie, the grand-daughter of William Honyman (Lord Armadale).

Map Armadale 1922

Map Armadale 1922

Ferrier Crec with Prefabs

Ferrier Cres with Prefabs

St Pauls with pre-fabs at The Marches

St Pauls with pre-fabs at The Marches