St Anthony's was named after St Anthony of Padua, who was born in Lisbon, Portugal in 1195, and died 1231. He belonged to the Franciscan Order and spent his life preaching in Padua, Italy.
In October 1907 the chapel school was opened in High Academy Street for education and worship.
Children entered one door for school, which had seven classrooms, and was partitioned.
The building was used as a church when the partitions were opened and the congregation entered from another door.
The building fully became a school in 1925 when Church Services were moved to the ex-territorial hall at the top of James Street.
Then in 1974 the Church at Wotherspoon Crescent opened.
Read more in Armadale.org.uk by clicking here