George Street, formerly New Street
This theatre was named later as The Ruskin. It was leased to Mickey Burns whose trademark was the large sombrero hat that he wore when out and about in Armadale. 1911: Mr Burns was granted a licence to hold a cinematograph exhibition in his hall in George Street.
Later, after the building had been standing empty for a considerable time, it was converted as the site of theAmbulance Garage, which must have caused some problems as there was a steep slope for the ambulances to climb up to the street level.