Boghead House

Site of Boghead House and estate owned by the Durham Family since the 16th century and demolished in 1962, all that remains is a doo'cot, gardener's cottage and gatehouse. Boghead House was built in the later 18th C., and was owned by the Durham family until 1929. The Durhams made their money from the coal which underlay their estate; there were several mines in the vicinity and they built Durhamtown (or Durhamtoun) to house their miners. To read more from www.scottish-places.info click here 

1922 Map  showing Bathville and Boghead Mansions

1922 Map showing sites of former Bathville and Boghead Mansions

Curling at Boghead circa 1900s

Curling at Boghead circa 1900s

Boghead House

Boghead House

Boghead House with Horses

Side of Boghead House with Horses

Boghead Dovecot