Harestanes Estate was bought by William Davidson in 1797, who changed its name to Bathville and built Bathville House in which he lived until 1820.
After 1874 James Wood, who owned many mines, foundries and brickworks in Armadale, bought the estate and house, and replaced the mansion which was completed in 1876. He later owned Wallhouse mansion in Torphichen.
The house was totally destroyed by fire in on the Sunday before 8th February 1935 with an estimated damage of £5000.
The house was owned at that time by Mr Condie, Auctioneer, who was away for the weekend at the time. Fire discovered by a coachman at a local brickwork and flames had such a hold that nothing could be done to save the building.
The house remained ruinous after that, and is still listed as ruinous in the 1950 Valuation Roll.
The Lodge house still exists today.
Read more in Armadale.org.uk here